Martin Luther King Jr. – Children’s Freedom Bell Project
Kekoa Freedom Bell Project Video
Children’s Freedom Bell Project Materials:
- Styrofoam cup
- Silver/Gold bell (from last Christmas decor)
- Pipe cleaners
- Kekoa used three bells. Wrap the end of a pipe cleaner through each bell.
- Measure the length of the cup with the bells, fold down the pipe cleaners, and wrap the ends of the pipe cleaners around each other but leave three ends sticking out (so it will lift the cup without raising the bell levels)
- Poke a hole through the center at the bottom of the cup with a pen or pencil.
- Cover the cup with the foil paper and press the foil against the cup completely wrapping the outside of the cup.
- Poke a hole through the foil where the other hole is.
- Push the looped part of the pipe cleaners through the hole (the ends that you left open will keep the rest of the pipe cleaners from feeding through).
- Open the loop of pipe cleaners above the cup and you are done!
You can have your child decorate your cup however they please and add whatever elements that remind them of freedom.
I earn a commission when you make a purchase from any links you see like Amazon found on this website read full affiliate disclosure here
If you have your children make a Freedom Bell project for Martin Luther King Jr. Day feel free to share your project with us or even comment and send a short video clip of your child ringing their bell on Martin Luther King Jr. Day